Camp Timpoochee is a picturesque camping complex nestled on the shore of the Choctawhatchee Bay. Comfortable sleeping, dining and meeting facilities allow visitors to learn, work and plan in an enjoyable, relaxed environment.
Camp Timpoochee is open to the public year-round and may be reserved for a variety of uses:
Camp Timpoochee can provide a number of opportunities including:
- All buildings and cabins are climate controlled.
- Overnight accomodations for up to 140 in cabins (5 bunks per cabin) with adjoining baths.
- Conference rooms seating 6 to 60.
- Audio-Visual equipment by request.
- Large auditorium with stage and seating for 150.
- Dining hall with fully staffed kitchen.
- Outdoor pavilion with large barbecue grill.
- Private beachfront facilities with canoes, fishing, and marine collecting equipment.
- 20 passenger pontoon boat for snorkeling and leisure trips.
- Marine wet lab with fresh and salt water tanks.
- Large playing fields and sports equipment by request.
- Campfire Circle seating 120.
Educational, Business, Family & Church Retreats
Camp Timpoochee provides the perfect escape from the noise and clutter of your busy world and an opportunity to work and play in a scenic and relaxed atmosphere. Camp Timpoochee is affordable and tranquil. The private facilities can accommodate group meetings, corporate retreats and team development activities. The Camp’s small meeting rooms are perfect for workshops and demonstrations.
Just minutes from the “Emerald Coast” beaches, your group can take advantage of the many opportunities for day trips to Destin, Florida.
Programs at Camp Timpoochee bring science to life in this living laboratory, with the forest and bay providing classrooms for hands-on learning. The marine lab houses a number of 50-250 gallon aquariums with examples of fresh and bay life. Marine education workshops for teachers, as well as marine camps for youth, are held each year.
Programs are designed to give participants an opportunity to learn while seining, cast netting, fishing, or snorkeling. Enjoy the bay while kayaking, or take a leisurely ride on our 28-foot pontoon boat. Trained staff will customize any program to your needs. Camp Timpoochee’s open air classroom provides a unique opportunity to learn about our ecosystem and how we interact with our natural environment.
Camp Timpoochee History
Learn more about the camp and its beginnings.
If you are East of Timpoochee:
- Come west on I-10 to the Defuniak Springs/Freeport exit #85.
- Turn left heading south on US 331 to Freeport.
- Go about 14 miles and turn right (heading west) onto FL HWY 20.
- Go about 17 miles and turn left onto County Line Road. There is a Camp Timpoochee sign on HWY 20.
- Go about a half of a mile and as you start the curve in the road to your right, you will see Camp Timpoochee sign on your left and immediately turn left onto the camp.
If you are WEST of Timpoochee:
- Come east on I-10 to the Crestview/Niceville exit #56.
- Head south on State Road 85 (0.2 mile) and then merge onto FL-85 South heading towards Niceville/Eglin AFB/Ft. Walton Beach.
- Go about 16 miles and turn left onto FL-20 E/E John Sims Pkwy.
- Continue to follow HWY20 east about 7 miles and turn right onto County Line Road. There is a Camp Timpoochee sign on Hwy 20.
- Go about a half of a mile and as you start the curve in the road to your right, you will see the Camp Timpoochee sign on your left and immediately turn left onto the camp.
4750 Timpoochee Lane
Niceville, Florida 32578
Phone: (850) 897-2224
Fax: (850) 897-2979