Camp Timpoochee is a picturesque camping complex nestled on the shore of the Choctawhatchee Bay. Comfortable sleeping, dining and meeting facilities allow visitors to learn, work and plan in an enjoyable, relaxed environment.
To schedule a tour or check availability, please email Jennifer Williams at email@example.com or give us a call at (850) 897-2224.
For summer camp information, please contact your local 4-H Extension Agent, or click HERE for more information about our Marine Camp, open to all youth ages 8-13.
Camp Timpoochee is open to the public year-round and may be reserved for a variety of uses:
Camp Timpoochee can provide a number of opportunities including:
- All buildings and cabins are climate controlled.
- Overnight accomodations for up to 140 in cabins (5 bunks per cabin) with adjoining baths.
- Conference rooms seating 6 to 60.
- Audio-Visual equipment by request.
- Large auditorium with stage and seating for 150.
- Dining hall with fully staffed kitchen.
- Outdoor pavilion with large barbecue grill.
- Private beachfront facilities with canoes, fishing, and marine collecting equipment.
- 20 passenger pontoon boat for snorkeling and leisure trips.
- Marine wet lab with fresh and salt water tanks.
- Large playing fields and sports equipment by request.
- Campfire Circle seating 120.
Educational, Business, Family & Church Retreats
Camp Timpoochee provides the perfect escape from the noise and clutter of your busy world and an opportunity to work and play in a scenic and relaxed atmosphere. Camp Timpoochee is affordable and tranquil. The private facilities can accommodate group meetings, corporate retreats and team development activities. The Camp’s small meeting rooms are perfect for workshops and demonstrations.
Just minutes from the “Emerald Coast” beaches, your group can take advantage of the many opportunities for day trips to Destin, Florida.
Programs at Camp Timpoochee bring science to life in this living laboratory, with the forest and bay providing classrooms for hands-on learning. The marine lab houses a number of 50-250 gallon aquariums with examples of fresh and bay life. Marine education workshops for teachers, as well as marine camps for youth, are held each year.
Programs are designed to give participants an opportunity to learn while seining, cast netting, fishing, or snorkeling. Enjoy the bay while kayaking, or take a leisurely ride on our 28-foot pontoon boat. Trained staff will customize any program to your needs. Camp Timpoochee’s open air classroom provides a unique opportunity to learn about our ecosystem and how we interact with our natural environment.
Marine Camp (MARINE CAMP IS FULL FOR THE 2015 SESSION)
Camp Timpoochee is host to a premier summer camp for Marine Science Education. Marine Camp gives campers a hands-on opportunity to learn about Florida’s marine environment, both above and below the waterline. To learn more about Marine Camp, click HERE!
Campers must be between the ages of 8-13 to be eligible for Marine Camp (8 by 9/01/2013).
4-H Camp Timpoochee has served as a host site for the Camp Corral program since the summer of 2013.
From the Camp Corral website: Camp Corral is an amazing week of non-stop fun and excitement in the great outdoors for children (ages 8 to 15) of our military heroes. It’s for the children of brave soldiers who have been injured or fallen protecting our freedom, our way of life. Camp Corral is a wonderful chance for kids to share amazing adventures through boating, swimming, hiking, archery and doing just about everything you can do enjoying fresh air and nature. To learn more, please visit: http://campcorral.org/
Phone: (850) 897-2224
Fax: (850) 897-2979
4750 Timpoochee Lane
Niceville, Florida 32578
If you are East of Timpoochee:
- Come west on I-10 to the Defuniak Springs/Freeport exit #85.
- Turn left heading south on US 331 to Freeport.
- Go about 14 miles and turn right (heading west) onto FL HWY 20.
- Go about 17 miles and turn left onto County Line Road. There is a Camp Timpoochee sign on HWY 20.
- Go about a half of a mile and as you start the curve in the road to your right, you will see Camp Timpoochee sign on your left and immediately turn left onto the camp.
If you are WEST of Timpoochee:
- Come east on I-10 to the Crestview/Niceville exit #56.
- Head south on State Road 85 (0.2 mile) and then merge onto FL-85 South heading towards Niceville/Eglin AFB/Ft. Walton Beach.
- Go about 16 miles and turn left onto FL-20 E/E John Sims Pkwy.
- Continue to follow HWY20 east about 7 miles and turn right onto County Line Road. There is a Camp Timpoochee sign on Hwy 20.
- Go about a half of a mile and as you start the curve in the road to your right, you will see the Camp Timpoochee sign on your left and immediately turn left onto the camp.