Camp Timpoochee is a picturesque camping complex nestled on the shore of the Choctawhatchee Bay. Comfortable sleeping, dining, and meeting facilities allow visitors to learn, work, and plan in an enjoyable, relaxed environment.
To schedule a tour or check availability, please email:
Resident Director- Ariel Blanton at email@example.com
Or, give us a call at (850) 897-2224!
For summer camp information, please contact your local 4-H Extension Agent.
For for more information about our Marine Camp (open to all youth ages 8-13) or our Senior Marine Camp (open to youth ages 14-17) click HERE
Camp Timpoochee is open to the public year-round and may be reserved for a variety of uses:
Camp Timpoochee can provide a number of opportunities including:
- All buildings and cabins are climate controlled.
- Overnight accommodations for up to 140 in cabins (5 bunks per cabin) with adjoining baths.
- Conference rooms seating 6 to 60.
- Audio-Visual equipment by request.
- Large auditorium with stage and seating for 150.
- Dining hall with fully staffed kitchen.
- Outdoor pavilion with large barbecue grill.
- Private beachfront facilities with kayaks, fishing, and marine collecting equipment.
- 20 passenger pontoon boat for snorkeling and leisure trips.
- Marine wet lab with fresh and salt water tanks.
- Large playing fields and sports equipment by request.
- Campfire Circle seating 120.
Educational, Business, Family & Church Retreats
Camp Timpoochee provides the perfect escape from the noise and clutter of your busy world and an opportunity to work and play in a scenic and relaxed atmosphere. Camp Timpoochee is affordable and tranquil. The private facilities can accommodate group meetings, corporate retreats, and team development activities. The Camp’s small meeting rooms are perfect for workshops and demonstrations.
Just minutes from the “Emerald Coast” beaches, your group can take advantage of the many opportunities for day trips to Destin, Florida.
Programs at Camp Timpoochee bring science to life in this living laboratory, with the forest and bay providing classrooms for hands-on learning. The marine lab houses a number of 50-250 gallon aquariums with examples of fresh and bay life. Marine education workshops for teachers, as well as marine camps for youth, are held each year.
Programs are designed to give participants an opportunity to learn while seining, cast netting, fishing, or snorkeling. Enjoy the bay while kayaking, or take a leisurely ride on our 28-foot pontoon boat. Trained staff will customize any program to your needs. Camp Timpoochee’s open air classroom provides a unique opportunity to learn about our ecosystem and how we interact with our natural environment.
Camp Timpoochee is host to a premier summer camp for Marine Science Education. Marine Camp gives campers a hands-on opportunity to learn about Florida’s marine environment, both above and below the waterline. To learn more about Marine Camp, click HERE!
Campers must be between the ages of 8-13 to be eligible for Marine Camp. Eligibility is based on age by June 1, 2019.
Phone: (850) 897-2224
4750 Timpoochee Lane
Niceville, Florida 32578