4-H is open to all youth, ages 5-18, determined as of September 1 of the current 4-H program year.
4 Steps for Youth to Get Involved in Florida 4-H
2. Contact your local County Extension Office to learn about 4-H clubs and activities in your county.
3. When you are ready to participate in Florida 4-H, ask your parents to complete a Florida 4-H Youth Enrollment Form online at 4HOnline.*
4. Prepare for your first 4-H activity and plan to meet new friends, learn cool things and have fun!
Adult volunteers play an important role in the 4-H program. They mentor 4-H youth, coordinate local community clubs, and help to plan and run events. Learn how to get started and receive training to be a 4-H volunteer.
- 1. Decide that you want to help kids grow and explore their futures.
- 2. Check out some of the different volunteer experiences (volunteer roles) with Florida 4-H.
- 3. Contact your local County Extension Office to learn about 4-H in your county and discuss your possibilities with your 4-H Agent.
- 4. Choose a volunteer role and complete a Volunteer Application through 4HOnline.*
- 5. After you receive your official appointment letter, attend a county orientation and training.
- 6. Prepare to share your skills, knowledge and talents while having Fun with kids!
*Paper applications are available for those without Internet access.
*Background screenings are a part of the Volunteer Application process.
Collegiate 4-H is open to all college students who wish to support youth and the 4-H program. It is not necessary to have prior 4-H experience, only to have an interest in the 4-H ideals and in serving your community. Learn More
Are you a former 4-Her? Doesn’t matter if you grew up in Florida or recently arrived. Have you worked with 4-H, or are you a past volunteer? Become a part of our 4-H State Alumni Database where you’ll learn what 4-H youth are doing today and how you can remain part of the 4-H family. If you’re a young alum, also consider joining Collegiate 4-H. Learn More
With programs in every county across Florida, Florida 4-H is looking for passionate professionals to join our team—and our movement. Our dedicated professionals work toward fulfilling our mission—to empower youth to reach their full potential, working and learning in partnership with caring adults. Learn More
To view available internship opportunities, click here.
4-H’ers everywhere are pursuing their passions, accomplishing the extraordinary and meeting new challenges head on. You are key to their success! By giving to 4-H, you open the door for young people to discover the best within themselves and to make a positive impact in their communities and the world. Learn More
With 6 million youth, 540,000 volunteers, 3,500 professionals, and more than 60 million alumni, 4-H supports young people in every county in America in programs designed to shape future leaders and innovators. A partnership with 4-H will drive your business and philanthropic objectives. Learn More
For the most up to date information on news, programs, and events, become a fan of Florida 4-H on Facebook and follow us on Twitter! View the Florida 4-H Social Media directory to find social media sites in your county.