4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking
Classroom Resources for Educators
School enrichment curriculum resources are an important part to the 4-H program in Florida. To learn more about 4-H In the Classroom, contact your county's Extension office.
Please keep in mind each county's 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Program operates differently. Check with your county's 4-H agent, to learn about your county's guidelines.
- Teacher Lesson Plan (PDF file)
- Introductory Letter to Parents (PDF file) [in Spanish]
- Lucky Clover Video - Watch a short video on public speaking tips, featuring Lucky Clover.
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards & Common Core Correlations
- Presentation to Students (PowerPoint)
- History of the 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Contest (PDF file)
- 4-H/Tropicana Contest Wins WEDU Award - (PDF file)
- Want to bring the 4-H/Tropicana contest to your school ? Contact your county's 4-H Agent
- Eight Steps to Writing and Giving a Great Speech - A reference guide for teachers (PDF file)
- Tip Sheet (PDF file)
- Sample Judging Form 1 | Judging Form 2 | Judging Form 3 (PDF File)
- Sample comments from judges (PDF file)
- Sample Friendly Critique Sheet (PDF file)
- School Sign (PDF file)
- 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Youth Survey link
- 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Parent Survey link
- 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Teacher Survey link