Food for the Future:
Explore the World of Plant Breeding through the 5 lessons in this project:
- Learn the what plant breeding is and why we need new varieties of plants. Intermediate | Senior
- Find out how the history of agriculture is the history of mankind. Intermediate | Senior
- What do you know about genetics? How can your knowledge of science be used to relate to real world issues? Intermediate | Senior
- Want to find out how ethics are intertwined with science? After this lesson, you will be able to explain the positives and negatives of genetically modified plants. Intermediate | Senior
- The need for plant breeders is increasing every day due to growing world population, new plant diseases, and changes in climate. Who makes sure that there are always crop wild relative seeds available for plant breeders? Intermediate | Senior
Want to Learn More?