Join Us: July 29-August 1, 2019
University of Florida
- To purchase tickets to the Youth Awards – Dessert Reception on Wednesday, July 31, 2019 at 7:00pm click here: https://2019youthawards.eventbrite.com
- Host a watch party in your county. Tune in on Tuesday, July 30, at 7:15p.m. for a live stream of our 4-H Share the Fun Event.
- Tune in on Thursday, August 1, at 10:00a.m. for a live stream of this year’s 4-H Awards Ceremony for competitive events. Tweet with us using #FL4HU.
- Save the Date (To Be Updated)
- Fliers for County Agents (To Be Updated)
- Graphic for Social Media Post (To Be Updated)
- Learn. Lead. Serve. Branding Posters
What is 4-H University?
Florida 4-H University is a week-long overnight event for senior 4-H youth (4-H age 14-18) held at the University of Florida. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in educational workshops lead by University of Florida faculty, explore career opportunities, lead community service activities, interact with youth from all over the state, and have fun while developing critical life skills that will help them become productive and engaged citizens of the communities, their country, and their world.
4-H University has received a Green Certified Sustainable Event recognition! During 4-H University we will provide attendees with a water bottle and a re-usable bag for use at the event and after the event. We will utilize compostable utensils and compost food from our meals. We are asking that you help us with reducing cross contamination while composting.
FOOD DRIVE: This year we are asking participants to bring non-perishable food items with you to 4-HU. When you check in we will have a designated donation area where you can drop off your donations. Donations will be sent to the UF Hitchcock Field and Fork Pantry. Click here for more information about the Pantry. Here is a list of suggested items to bring.
- Beans (canned and dry)
- Peanut Butter
- Feminine hygiene products
There are many ways to participate in our sustainability efforts. We are excited for this addition to the event! We will share more with you when you arrive! Additional sustainable efforts include:
- Printing the Event Booklet on recycled paper
- Communicating electronically using the Yapp App, e-mail and social media
- Electronic registration and evaluation
- Re-using signs and banners, recycling those that cannot be re-used
- Green Décor – renting plants and re-using centerpieces
- Providing compostable utensils and plates
- Providing composting service during reception and breakfast
- Using re-usable name badges/lanyards
Florida 4-H thanks our 4-H University Sponsors