4-H Day at the Capitol
The 4-H Day at the Capitol Program provides youth with an opportunity to learn more about their state government and experience the political process first hand. 4-H members are highly encouraged to make an appointment with their representative, senator, or a legislative aide to talk about how the Florida 4-H Program has impacted their lives. During the day, participants will hear from public officials, participate in educational workshops, and see their legislators in action.
The 4-H Day at the Capitol Guidebook is now available. Please reference the guidebook to find out more about dress code, schedule, activities for your delegation, and scheduling an appointment with your legislators.
Appointments with your legislators should be made prior to coming to 4-H Day at the Capitol.
Who: All 4-H Members, Friends, Family, and Alumni
When: February 22, 2018
Where: Tallahassee, Florida
Cost: $30. This price includes lunch and a 4-H Polo.
- Registration will be open January 8th-January 31st
- Registration will be through 4-H Online
- 7:30-8:15 am – Check In
- 8:30 am – Opening Assembly, Remarks from Public Officials, and Group Photo
- 9:30 am – Meetings with Representatives and Senators Begin (Please do not schedule meetings with your elected officials during the opening assembly)
- 10:00 am – Optional Educational Workshops Begin
- 11:30 am-1:00 pm – Lunch Available for Pick Up
- 3:30 pm – Closing Remarks and Announcements
Other Helpful Tools:
- Historic Capitol Resource Tools
- Museum of History Resource Tools
- New Capitol Building
- Capitol Map
- Parking Map
- Capitol Coloring Book
Listen to Florida Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam’s interview with Southeast AgNet about how participation in 4-H helped him develop the citizenship, speaking, organizational and leadership skills that he draws on to this day. Listen Here