4-H Day at the Capitol
The 4-H Day at the Capitol Program provides youth with an opportunity to learn more about their state government and experience the political process first hand. 4-H members are highly encouraged to make an appointment with their representative, senator, or a legislative aide to talk about how the Florida 4-H Program has impacted their lives. During the day, participants will hear from public officials, spend time in the Capitol Building, and see their legislators in action.
The 4-H Day at the Capitol Guidebook is now available here.
Appointments with your legislators should be made prior to coming to 4-H Day at the Capitol.
Who: All 4-H Members, Friends, Family, and Alumni
When: April 4th, 2019
Where: Tallahassee, Florida
Cost: $15. This price includes lunch and a 4-H Polo.
- Registration will be open February 1st-February 28th
- Registration will be through 4-H Online
- 7:30-8:15 am – Check In
- 8:30 am – Opening Assembly, Remarks from Public Officials, and Group Photo
- 9:15 am – Meetings with Representatives and Senators Begin (Please do not schedule meetings with your elected officials during the opening assembly)
- 12:00 pm-1:00 pm – Lunch Available for Pick Up
- 1:00-1:30 pm – Closing Remarks and Announcements
Other Helpful Tools:
- Historic Capitol Resource Tools
- Museum of History Resource Tools
- Capitol Map
- Parking Map
- 4-H Day at the Capitol Guidebook