4-H Day at the Capitol
The 4-H Day at the Capitol Program provides youth with an opportunity to learn more about their state government and experience the political process first hand. 4-H members are highly encouraged to make an appointment with their representative, senator, or a legislative aide to talk about how the Florida 4-H Program has impacted their lives. During the day, participants will hear from public officials, spend time in the Capitol Building, and see their legislators in action.
Click HERE to check out photos from 4-H Day at the Capitol 2020.
Appointments with your legislators should be made prior to coming to 4-H Day at the Capitol.
4-H Day at the Capitol Guidebook now available here.
Who: All 4-H Members, Friends, Family, and Alumni
When: January 30th, 2020
Where: Tallahassee, Florida
Cost: $15. This price includes lunch and a 4-H Polo.
- Registration will be open December 1-20, 2019
- Registration will be through 4-H Online
- 8:00-8:45 a.m. – Check In
- 9:00 a.m. – Opening Assembly and Group Photo
- 9:45 a.m. – Meetings with Elected Officials Begin
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. – Lunch Available for Pick Up
- 1:00-1:30 p.m. Afternoon Assembly
Other Helpful Tools:
- Historic Capitol Resource Tools
- Florida History Museum Resource Tools
- Capitol Map
- Parking Map
- 4-H Day at the Capitol Guidebook