State 4-H Forest Ecology Contest Clinic
When & Where
University of Florida
September 28, 2013
9am – 4pm
A 4-H Forest Ecology Clinic will be held from 9 AM to 4 PM at Newins-Ziegler Hall on the UF campus in Gainesville to help youth, coaches, and agents prepare for the 4-H Forest Ecology Contest in April. SFRC faculty, staff, and students will be on hand to present information and answer questions about tree, plant, disease, and insect identification, compass skills, map reading, tree measurement, and the Quiz Bowl. A mock contest will help familiarize the youth with the process of the contest. Beginners are encouraged to attend!
- Registration will be available in 4H Online beginning September 1, 2013.
- Youth must be enrolled in 4H Online to register for the clinic. Enrollment in 4H Online is fairly simple, and if you have not already completed this please click here, or contact your county 4-H Agent.
- As of September 1, you will be able to follow these simple instructions to register:
- Registration Due September 20, 2013.
Fee: There is a charge of $5.00 per competing youth for registration and insurance.
- Payment must accompany registration.
- Any adult OR youth observing should complete the observer registration form. They will not be charged the fee.
- You must wear shoes, socks, and long pants due to ticks in the area.
- All participants should bring lunch, water, pencils, and a clipboard.