June 15-19, 2015
Senior 4-H’ers come together to develop their skills debating, analyzing legislation, and speaking publicly all while making new friends and having a whole lot of fun. At this civic education event, youth write bills, then act as lobbyists, Representatives, or Senators to pass the bills through committee and then present, and debate, them on the Capitol House or Senate Floor. They have the opportunity to debate issues and experience the legislative process hands-on while having a great time with their friends! Legislature is traditionally open to Senior 4-H’ers ages 13 to 18 as of September 1 of the current 4-H year.
Preparing for Legislature
- 2015 Legislature Manual 1 – Provides procedures and guidelines for the Florida 4-H Legislature program. (minor revision made 3/20/15)
- 2015 Legislature Manual 2 – Bills and Lobby Groups (final version, with page numbers & lobby group designations uploaded 5/5/15)
- 2015 Lobby Group Bill Designations
- 2015 Bills by Title and Committee
- 4-H Legislature Adult Orientation Video
- Sources of Information for Bill Research (PDF)
- 2015 4-H Legislature Prep Materials (DropBox)
- Promotional Toolkit – Flyer Black/White | Flyer Black/White 2 | Fact Sheet of Bullet Points | Sample Newsletter Article | 2011 4-H Promo Video | 2015 4-H Legislature Facebook Event | 4-H Legislature Alumni Facebook Page
- Registration closed May 1st. Register through 4-HOnline.
- A waiting list was started and all decisions on waiting list will be made no later than Monday, May 29th. To be added to the waiting list, ask your county 4-H agent to please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds after May 29.
- Those registering after May 1st will be charged a $30/per county late fee.
- We will be staying in Kellum Hall on FSU‘s campus
- 474 Chieftain Way, Tallahassee, FL 32304 FSU Campus Map
4-H Legislature Banquet – sponsored by Florida Farm Bureau!
2014 4-H Legislature Daily Videos