June 26 – 30, 2017
Senior 4-H’ers come develop your skills to debate, analyze legislation and speak publicly, all while making new friends and having a whole lot of fun. At this civic education event, you can sponsor a bill, amend, or lobby it, then debate the issues on the Capitol house and senate floors with your friends. Legislature is open to Senior 4-H’ers ages 13 to 18 as of September 1 of the current 4-H year.
Registration will be open March 6, 2017 and will close April 28th, 2017 via 4HOnline. Agents will have until May 5th to approve or deny their participants or you may be held liable to all or a portion of their registration cost.
Preparing for Legislature
- Legislature Manual I – Provides procedures and guidelines for the Florida 4-H Legislature program. Manual 1 changes very little from year to year. Therefore, until the current year’s manual is posted, previous year’s manual can be used. However, when the participant arrives at 4-H Legislature, they should have the final edition.
- Legislature Manual II – Provides bills that will be used for the Florida 4-H Legislature program.
- Legislature Prep Overview
- Lesson 1 – Background and Overview
- Lesson 2 – Florida Government
- Lesson 4 – Mock Legislature
- Legislature Schedule
- Lobbyist Lingo
- Promotional Toolkit
Each year, the 4-H Legislature Planning Committee is responsible for developing the bills that will be used at Florida 4-H Legislature. The committee welcomes and invites 4-H members, volunteers and Extension Agents to submit bills and/or ideas for bills.
Housing 2017 (suite-style dorms)
Cawthon Hall, Florida State University, 119 Honors Way, Tallahassee, FL 32304
4-H Legislature Banquet – sponsored by Florida Farm Bureau!