June 23-27, 2014
Senior 4-H’ers come together to develop their skills debating, analyzing legislation, and speaking publicly all while making new friends and having a whole lot of fun. At this civic education event, youth write bills, then act as lobbyists, Representatives, or Senators to pass the bills through committee and then present, and debate, them on the Capitol House or Senate Floor. They have the opportunity to debate issues and experience the legislative process hands-on while having a great time with their friends! Legislature is traditionally open to Senior 4-H’ers ages 13 to 18 as of September 1 of the current 4-H year.
Registration is closed.
Preparing for Legislature
- 2014 Legislature Manual 1 - Provides procedures and guidelines for the Florida 4-H Legislature program.
- 2014 Legislature Manual 2 - Bills and Lobby Groups
- 4-H Legislature Adult Orientation Video
- Sources of Information for Bill Research (PDF)
- Bill Titles by Committee (PDF)
- Pro Con Statements (PDF)
- Lobby Groups & Bill Designations (PDF)
- 2014 4-H Legislature Prep Materials (DropBox)
- Promotional Toolkit – Flyer Color | Flyer Black/White | Sample Newsletter Article | 2011 4-H Promo Video | 4-H Legislature Facebook Event | 4-H Legislature Alumni Facebook Page
- Housing: Residing in Smith Hall, FSU campus, Map of FSU campus
- Participants: arrive between 11am-2pm on Monday, June 23
- Additional details were sent to county agents om May 29.
- June 1:
- Payment Due. Agent responsibility & participation forms will not need to be submitted to 4-H state headquarters – they will be pulled from 4HOnline. However, please remember that Participation Forms must travel with the delegation, in case of any emergencies.
- June 9:
Last day for 50% registration fee refund and substitutions.