June 25 – 29, 2018
4-H Members come develop your skills to debate, analyze legislation and speak publicly, all while making new friends and having a whole lot of fun. At this civic education event, you can sponsor a bill, amend, or lobby it, then debate the issues on the Capitol house and senate floors with your friends. Legislature is open to youth 4-H Age 13 to 18 (as of September 1 of the current 4-H year).
The 2018 4-H Legislature Schedule can be found here.
Registration will be March 16th-May 4th via 4HOnline. Agents will have until May 4th to approve or deny their participants or you may be held liable to all or a portion of their registration cost.
Preparing for Legislature
- Legislature Manual I – Provides procedures and guidelines for the Florida 4-H Legislature program. Manual 1 changes very little from year to year. Therefore, until the current year’s manual is posted, previous year’s manual can be used. However, when the participant arrives at 4-H Legislature, they should have the final edition.
- Legislature Manual II – Provides bills that will be used for the Florida 4-H Legislature program.
- Lesson 1 – Background and Overview
- Lesson 2 – Florida Government
- Lesson 4 – Mock Legislature
- Legislature Schedule
- Lobbyist Lingo
- Promotional Toolkit
Each year, the 4-H Legislature Planning Committee is responsible for developing the bills that will be used at Florida 4-H Legislature. The committee welcomes and invites 4-H members, volunteers and Extension Agents to submit bills and/or ideas for bills.
Housing 2018 (suite-style dorms)
Deviney Hall 111 S Woodward Ave. Tallahassee, FL 32304
4-H Legislature Banquet – sponsored by Florida Farm Bureau!