June 15-19, 2015
Senior 4-H’ers come together to develop their skills debating, analyzing legislation, and speaking publicly all while making new friends and having a whole lot of fun. At this civic education event, youth write bills, then act as lobbyists, Representatives, or Senators to pass the bills through committee and then present, and debate, them on the Capitol House or Senate Floor. They have the opportunity to debate issues and experience the legislative process hands-on while having a great time with their friends! Legislature is traditionally open to Senior 4-H’ers ages 13 to 18 as of September 1 of the current 4-H year.
Preparing for Legislature
- 2014 Legislature Manual 1 – Provides procedures and guidelines for the Florida 4-H Legislature program.
- 2014 Legislature Manual 2 – Bills and Lobby Groups
- 4-H Legislature Adult Orientation Video
- Sources of Information for Bill Research (PDF)
- 2014 4-H Legislature Prep Materials (DropBox)
- Promotional Toolkit – Flyer Color | Flyer Black/White | Sample Newsletter Article | 2011 4-H Promo Video | 4-H Legislature Facebook Event | 4-H Legislature Alumni Facebook Page
2014 4-H Legislature Daily Videos