Leadership Washington Focus
JUNE 20-24, 2016
National 4-H Youth Conference Center, Washington, D.C.
Leadership Washington Focus (LWF) is a 4-H leadership program for youth entering grades 7 through 9. The program will take place at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center, just 1 mile from the Washington, D.C. border. For more than 50 years, thousands of 4-H’ers have participated in our high school program, Citizenship Washington Focus and now we are happy to introduce its precursor for middle school 4-H’ers, LWF. Middle school 4-H delegates will:
- Build confidence in their ability to motivate and direct others in meaningful action
- Practice effective communication with others through group discussion and public speaking
- Work with others to create and accomplish goals
- Develop an understanding of their own personal leadership style
- Exchange ideas, practice respect, and form friendships with other 4-H’ers from across the nation.
- Experience hands-on learning using the historical backdrop of Washington, D.C.
The standard package for Leadership Washington Focus is $650; tuition includes:
- Lodging at the National 4-H Youth Conference Center for the duration of the program
- All meals during the program
- All site visits during the program
- Transportation during the program
- Souvenir pack including: LWF bag, LWF T-shirt, and LWF water bottle
- Transportation to/from the National 4-H Center in Washington, D.C. (estimated to be an additional $200-$350 per participant.)
Led by the team of program assistants, delegates will learn by doing and leave LWF with the experiences, tools, and connections to be leaders in their communities today.
PARTICIPANTS WILL ENJOY:
Participants are immersed in the culture and history of our nation through on-site workshops at D.C.’s most spectacular sights.
One of the week’s signature events, called “Nightview,” is a spectacular evening tour where delegates will reflect on the different types of leadership conveyed through the symbolism of our national monuments and memorials.
*Some aspects of the program are subject to change.
Registration will be organized by county, not by 4-H State Headquarters. Florida counties will register their delegates directly with the National Youth Conference Center Cheap replica watches. Please visit their website and register your delegates via those links. We do ask that all Florida delegates attend June 20-24, 2016, if possible.