Marine Photo Contest
A Marine/Aquatic Photography Contest was held in conjunction with the 2013 State Marine Ecology Event. This contest is open to all 4-Hers. Participants who enter the photo contest do not need to be present.
Please remember – All entered photos must go through the county’s Extension office. IMPORTANT: In order to meet the state’s deadline, county Extension offices may have earlier deadlines for receiving photos. Please contact your county Extension office/4-H agent for this information.
There are 5 categories that youth can enter photos in. The categories are:
1. Marine Habitats and Ecosystems - This includes photos taken of coral reefs, beaches, marshes, mangrove habitats, etc
2. Marine Life - This includes photos taken of specific marine life such as shore/marine birds, fish, sea turtles, crabs, shells, etc.
3. People and the Marine/Aquatic World - This includes people interacting with, impacting, or working in marine OR aquatic habitats. Examples would be photos of surfing, fishing, boating, swimming, pollution, etc.
4. Aquatic Habitats - Scences of freshwater habitats such as lakes, streams, rivers, wetlands, etc.
5. Aquatic Life - Includes photos of specific types of freshwater plants and animals such as turtles, fish, freshwater birds, alligators, insects, etc.
NOTE: This contest is open to all ages, however Cloverbud members may submit photos but their photos will not officially be judged. A separate area at the Event will display their photos.Please read the NEW rules and guidelines for additional information on Cloverbud entries.