- To develop leadership talents and to work toward achieving the broad objectives of developing sound character and effective citizenship.
- To acquire scientific knowledge and improved understanding of the economy, versatility and nutritional value of turkey meat and its relationship to human nutrition and health.
- To help youth develop skills in the preparation and use of turkey and to acquire the ability to express their ideas through participation in projects, talks, discussions, demonstrations and exhibits.
- To provide an opportunity for 4-H’ers to develop and use communication skills.
- To create an environment for competition to select and recognize outstanding demonstrators.
- To develop self-confidence in the 4-H member.
- To research and develop a current knowledge base in selected subject matter area.
- To teach and share current information with others.
2015 State Poultry BBQ Competition
- When: Wednesday, July 29, 2015
- Where: Alachua County Cooperative Extension Service
- Registration: Due July 1st, please see the below links for more information regarding registration.
Event Registration & Guidelines