Shooting Sports includes Air Rifle, Small Bore Rifle, Archery, Shotgun, Muzzleloading and Hunting disciplines. At the state level both competition and camps are available to participate in this activity. There are a number of state level matches that are open to 4-H participants who are in a county shooting sports club/program led by a discipline Certified 4-H Shooting Sports Leader/Volunteer. For more information on how to become involved in Shooting Sports in your county, click here.
Rules and Regulations
Florida 4-H Shooting Sports Level I Instructor Training
November 15-16, 2014
Camp Cherry Lake, Madison, FL
A 4-H Shooting Sports Level 1 instructor Training has been scheduled for November 15-16, 2014 (November 15th 8:30A-11PM, November 16th 8AM-4:30PM) at Camp Cherry Lake in Madison County. The registration fee is $100 and includes all training materials, drinks, snacks, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Lodging will be onsite at the camp.
- Register on 4-HOnline from September 1st – October 30. There will not be a late registration time period.
- Agents: have a potential instructor with limited internet access? Or want to mass market the opportunity within your county? Feel free to facilitate their registration in-house by using the below registration form to help collect their information and register them from the county level. Please note that no paper registrations will be taken at State HQ, all registrations must take place on the individual or county level. If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact the Statewide Events Coordinator, Travis Shepard, at your earliest convenience.
For those who have never been to 4-H Camp Cherry Lake, you will need to bring bed linens, toiletries, pillows, etc. However, you will not need to bring your own firearms, ammunition, supplies, etc. All equipment will be supplied. ALSO, ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, ILLEGAL DRUGS, AND PERSONAL PETS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED AT THE CAMP. Depending on housing arrangements, couples may have to sleep in the individual male and female cabins.
For any questions, please contact Dr. Jerry Culen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 352-273-3525.
For questions regarding:
- Shooting Sports or general page content contact Dr. Gerald Culen at email@example.com or 352-273-3525
- Archery rules, registration, or logistics contact Laura Cash at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-822-5778
- Shooting sports registration contact Travis Shepard at email@example.com or 352-294-2901