4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Program
Classroom Resources for Educators
School enrichment curriculum resources are an important part to the 4-H program in Florida. To learn more about 4-H In the Classroom, contact your county’s Extension office.
Please keep in mind each county’s 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Program operates differently. Check with your county’s 4-H agent, to learn about your county’s guidelines.
- History of the 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Contest (PDF file)
- Want to bring the 4-H/Tropicana contest to your school ? Contact your county’s 4-H Agent
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards & Common Core Correlations (PDF file)
- Sample comments from judges (PDF file)
- Sample Friendly Critique Sheet (PDF file)
- Video of 2015 Seminole County 4-H/Tropicana County Contest (58 min)
- Video of 2014 Leon County 4-H/Tropicana County Contest Winners (21 min)
- Teacher Lesson Plan (PDF file)
- Introductory Letter to Parents [in English | in Spanish]
- Presentation to Students (PowerPoint)
- Tip Sheet (PDF file) *new look*
- Sample Judging Form 1 | Judging Form 2 | Judging Form 3 (PDF File)
- To access Tropicana Youth, Parent, and Teacher evaluation instruments in hard copy, please email Sarah Whitfield at email@example.com, who will give you access to the documents in the Gator Cloud One Drive, available here!
- To complete your evaluation electronically, please select the appropriate Qualtics link:
For more information on local opportunities through the 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking program contact your local County Extension Office.