4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Program
Classroom Resources for Educators
School enrichment curriculum resources are an important part to the 4-H program in Florida. To learn more about 4-H In the Classroom, contact your county’s Extension office.
Please keep in mind each county’s 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Program operates differently. Check with your county’s 4-H agent, to learn about your county’s guidelines.
- History of the 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking Contest (PDF file)
- Want to bring the 4-H/Tropicana contest to your school ? Contact your county’s 4-H Agent
- Next Generation Sunshine State Standards & Common Core Correlations (PDF file)
- Sample comments from judges (PDF file)
- Sample Friendly Critique Sheet (PDF file)
- Video of 2015 Seminole County 4-H/Tropicana County Contest (58 min)
- Video of 2014 Leon County 4-H/Tropicana County Contest Winners (21 min)
- Teacher Lesson Plan (PDF file)
- Introductory Letter to Parents [in English | in Spanish]
- Presentation to Students (PowerPoint)
- Tip Sheet (PDF file) *new look*
- Sample Judging Form 1 | Judging Form 2 | Judging Form 3 (PDF File)
- To access Tropicana Youth, Parent, and Teacher evaluation instruments in hard copy, please refer to the documents in the Gator Cloud One Drive, available here!
For more information on local opportunities through the 4-H/Tropicana Public Speaking program contact your local County Extension Office.