4-H Youth Development Institute
JANUARY 10-12, 2017
Hilton Ocala, Ocala, FL
Audience: All Extension Faculty and Staff with 4-H responsibilities (i.e. specialists, agents, county directors, program assistants)
For an example of what experiences you may be exposed to at YDI next year, take a look at last years program available here.
Workshop Session Types
- Search for Program Excellence Presentations – We are combining Abstracts and Bell Ringers this year to make slightly longer sessions for faculty and staff to present. These will be 25 minute long presentations for you all to showcase the excellent programs, projects, events, and the like you have done at the local, district, or sometimes even state level.
- Experience new and revised curriculum in the areas of Science, Healthy Living, Citizenship/Leadership and Workforce Preparation. Please only share “approved curriculum” from the Florida 4-H Curriculum Clearinghouse.
- Heighten awareness of new trends in youth development principles and best practices (e.g. positive discipline, working with teens, diversity, clover bud practices, etc.).
- Improve skills in presenting and teaching through practicing research-based learning experiences.
- Receive updates on the latest organizational strategies, including risk management tools, volunteer resources, evaluation methods, marketing, communication & partnering/collaboration tools.
- Infusion of workforce preparation skills across a diverse subject matter area.
- Connect and learn from each other.
Register for 4-H Youth Development Institute here
For questions regarding the 4-H Youth Development Institute please contact either of the following:
|Programmatic Questions||Logistical Questions||4-HOnline Questions|
|Title||Associate State Program Leader||State 4-H Events Coordinator||State 4-H Information Coordinator|
|Name||Chris DeCubellis||Tara Mercurio||Ben Knowles|
|Number||(352) 294-2909||(352) 294-2901||(352) 294-2902|