Florida 4-H relies on dedicated volunteers to promote its mission to help youth gain the knowledge and life skills they need to be productive, responsible citizens. Your time as a volunteer will provide these youth the safe environment they need to pursue whatever interests, causes, and leadership roles that are most important to them. Adults who are not currently 4-H volunteers, we invite you to become a volunteer and share in the positive experiences of the Florida 4-H program.
- 1. Decide that you want to help kids grow and explore their futures.
- 2. Check out some of the different volunteer experiences (volunteer roles) with Florida 4-H.
- 3. Contact your local County Extension Office to learn about 4-H in your county and discuss your possibilities with your 4-H Agent.
- 4. Choose a volunteer role and complete an Adult Volunteer Profile through 4-H Online.* (Background screenings are a part of the Volunteer Application process.)
- 5. Successfully complete the annual OYCS Youth Protection Training (using an Internet Explorer web browser). Training results will be e-mailed to the State Volunteer Coordinator (SVC).
- 6. Complete and submit the Florida 4-H Volunteer Packet to your local County Extension Office or Florida State 4-H Headquarters.
- 7. Attend scheduled fingerprinting appointment and await eligibility status from 4-H Agent.
- 8. After you receive your official appointment letter, attend a county orientation and training.
- 9. Prepare to share your skills, knowledge and talents while having Fun with kids!
*Paper applications may be provided to those without Internet access. Download the paper Application here.
*Applicants submitting the paper application must also complete the paper Participation Form
For questions about content on this page please contact Sophia Cooney, State 4-H Volunteer Coordinator at 352-294-7879 or firstname.lastname@example.org