Florida 4-H relies on dedicated volunteers to promote its mission to help youth gain the knowledge and life skills they need to be productive, responsible citizens. Your time as a volunteer will provide these youth the safe environment they need to pursue whatever interests, causes, and leadership roles that are most important to them. And, to adults who are not currently 4-H volunteers, we invite you to become a volunteer and share in the positive experiences of the Florida 4-H program.
- 1. Decide that you want to help kids grow and explore their futures.
- 2. Check out some of the different volunteer experiences (volunteer roles) with Florida 4-H.
- 3. Contact your local County Extension Office to learn about 4-H in your county and discuss your possibilities with your 4-H Agent.
- 4. Choose a volunteer role and complete a Volunteer Application through 4HOnline.* (Background screenings are a part of the Volunteer Application process.)
- 5. After you receive your official appointment letter, attend a county orientation and training.
- 6. Prepare to share your skills, knowledge and talents while having Fun with kids!
*Paper applications may be provided to those without Internet access. Download the paper Application here.
*Applicants submitting the paper application must also complete the paper Participation Form
For questions about content on this page contact Bryan Terry at firstname.lastname@example.org